Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Goodbye Utah!

I did it. I graduated from BYU. It's supposed to be a time of celebration and happiness, so why do I feel so sad. Well, it's sad for many reasons. Let's list the things I will miss the mostest!

1. My amazing friends-Kelly and Mac, Amanda, Colette, Becca, K7, and many more

2. My dance studio/my dance students and their amazing families that became my family

3. 181st ward with the greatest Bishop EVER

4. Watching The Office, LOST, and So You Think You Can Dance at K7 with their amazing big screen TV, surround sound, and Love Sac

5. The beautiful mountains

However, moving out of Utah does have some benefits. I'm trying to look at the bright side of things. Let's list all the good things about moving out of Utah!

1. Moving to DC

2. Being with family

3. No more walking and driving in the never-ending winters of snow and ice

4. Graduating!

5. PARKING

6. Seeing friends that have not been in Utah

7. Good Mexican food

8. Getting sleep! (at least before I get to DC!)

Ok...the list of good reasons to leave Utah is longer than the reasons for not leaving. I guess I've made the right decision in moving. However, I will never forget my 3 years of living in Utah. I made some of the greatest friends, got a great education, and had the best job in the world! I definitely had some trials, but the good times have outweighed the bad for sure. But I can't deny that I already miss it!

Here are some pics of all the events this past week!


My parents came up for graduation and we went to TUCANO'S for a pre-graduation lunch


Elder Scott spoke at Commencement




After Commencement my parents and I went to Goodwood for dinner with my friend Kelly and her husband Mac. It was really hard to say goodbye to Kelly! I miss you Kell!


Me packing all my stuff. It was a very stressful event. This was pre-tears!


LeGrand Richards spoke at Convocation. He was great. He wrote a song about what our lives would be like after graduation and so he whipped out his guitar and sang it to us. It was hilarious. I wish I had it on film!


Immediately after graduating! I'm pretty sure I'm listening to my voicemail here and it was my brother congratulating me for "some accomplishment." Thanks Brooks!




My car was PACKED!!! And it was only a fraction of my stuff. I have an aunt and uncle that are staying in Springville for a couple more weeks and they are bringing the rest of my stuff home for me, thank heavens!


Goodbye Charisma! This is the dance studio that I have worked at for the past 3 years. I got the job just a few days after I moved to Utah. It was such a blessing. Some of my greatest memories of Utah involve working here. It really was home away from home!

5 comments:

Taryn and Sterling said...

Congratulations Donelle. We are so proud of you and areglad you are home. Doesn't it feel great to be done? No more tests or homework. Good luck in DC, we will miss you tons.

Stacy said...

Wow! Congratulations on graduating! Someday I hope to be able to do that too! Ü Good luck in DC! How long are you in AZ for?

Becca Gilbert said...

Sad day!!!! As we all know, I am so excited for you.... but I miss you like crazy! I am so excited to come out to DC this fall and see you!!!!

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

OH Donelle! I miss you. You are going to be such an amazing teacher! Talk to you soon!

Candice said...

YEAH YOU GRADUATED! What an accomplishment! You will always look back on your graduation and be so glad that you did it! That's huge! I"m so proud of you! Have fun in D.C.! Can't wait to hear stories about it!