I teach dance...I LOVE it.
Everyday I wake up and I'm excited to go to work.
How many people out there wake up feeling that way?
It's a wonderful thing.
2. ZUMBA
A few weeks ago I was on Craigslist (another thing that I love) and I found a membership for Gold's Gym that someone was trying to "sell." It's only $23 a month for a year (which is fantastic cause I'm not sure if I'm going to be here in Utah more than a year) plus the girl "selling" it to me paid the $100 transfer fee. Yeah...awesome.
And as much as I enjoy going to the gym to lift weights and to run on the treadmill, my new obsession has become Zumba.

Those of you who are not familiar with it...it's pretty much aerobics with a Latin spin on it. So you do a lot of Salsa, Cha Cha, Merengue, Samba, etc. Which equals a lot of hip action. Believe it or not, it's a fantastic workout! My favorite part has got to be the women who are in their 50s and 60s trying to shimmy and shake their hips.
3. Read
Since graduating from college I have finally reunited with my favorite pastime of reading.
I recently finished The Great & Terrible series by Chris Stewart.
I highly recommend them.
They are the type of books that you don't want to put down.






It's kind of difficult to describe the series without revealing too much. But I did find the following quote from the Deseret Book website...
"The Great and Terrible takes us from the beginning of time to the final hours of the last days, revealing the greatest secret of all: The children of God can defeat the adversary, for we have fought him before."
This series is very inspiring. And while it is fiction, it is supported by true gospel doctrine. It has truly strengthened my testimony of the power that our Savior, Jesus Christ, and his angels have over Lucifer and his devils.
I am currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.

It is VERY different from the movie.
(Or should I say the movie is VERY different from the book?)

I'm a little more than halfway through it and LOVE it. It's actually the second time that I've read the book...but it's been quite a few years since the first time I read it.
It's another one that I highly recommend. If you've seen the movie and enjoyed it...then I know you'll like the book even more!
These are some books that are on the top of my Books to Read list:



It's an old favorite...but it's been years since the last time I read it.


Saw the movie. Gotta read it again.
4. Make headbands
Ok. I actually just made a few headbands while home in AZ.
Super easy. Super cheap. And super fun to make.
Does anyone know where I can find cheap-o headbands in Utah to make some more? And also where I can get cute flowers to put on 'em?
6 comments:
Creepy that most of your book list is actually my book list! Maybe not creepy...we both just have good taste, or something like that! I've been wanting to read Count of Monte Cristo again for a while, so I think that will be my next book. You should read the Trilogy with Three Musketeers (I just found out it was written in a trilogy with Man in the Iron Mask, and I can't remember the other one right now). I'm sure they are all fantastic books!
I went to one Zumba class and loved it as well...I need to figure out a time that I can actually do it! So fun!
Sounds like you are having such a great time out there! I miss you tons, kid! What are your near future plans?
I LOOOOOVE zumba!! And I am ecstatic that you have a gold's pass!!! Haven't we been telling you for years you need to join!! I am so excited to go to ZUMBA with you!!!
I love zumba too! I am glad you finally got to try it out! Yay for the gym membership.
Okay that's funny...I saw Zumba at the gym and I thought "what in the world is Zumba???" But, now that is has your stamp of approval, I will definitely have to check it out!
ok, so i owe you a MILLION thanks!
so i saw your post about finding a gym membership on craigslist. I had never heard of anyone doing that before, so i checked it out. and i got one today!!! the girl was selling a 17 month contract for 14$ a month!!!!! i had to pay it all up front because that is what she did when she got it, but it was so worth it!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU, for blogging about that!
so i went to the Provo one tonight and LOVED it! i love how there is a TV on every cardio machine! i worked out for an hour because of it! time just flew! im so excited to go to the classes. OH.. and the best part, is that it is a VIP membership so it includes BABYSITTING!!!! (the orem one is the closest one with a babysitting room) I am so excited to take Hanna along, she'll love playing, while i get to work out. No more excuses for me!! We'll have to go to a class together. I am TOTALLY 100% out of shape, but i am excited to try the classes, especially the dance ones!
thanks!!!
you are such a cute blogger! I love how entertaining your posts are! I need to be more like that, instead of just pictures and stories of my cute red headed daughter, though those can still be pretty entertaining! I love your book list, I need to read more....actually I need to sleep more first, then maybe I can read more!
Post a Comment