Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Ms. Donelle, Ms. Donelle, Ms. Donelle, Ms. Donelle"



Sometimes I feel like this is my life while teaching my little dancers. Except it's usually while I'm talking to another student, not while I'm lying down. And they don't call me Lois. Or Mum. It usually goes something like this...
Dance student:
Donelle, Donelle, Donelle, Donelle,
Ms. Donelle, Ms. Donelle, Ms. Donelle, Ms. Donelle,
(beginning to poke me)
teacher, teacher, teacher, teacher,
(you'd think that I'd answer them by now but I'm focusing my attention on another student and I just hope they chill-out...but they don't...they continue...)
Donelle, Donelle, Donelle, Donelle,
Elly, Elly, Elly Elly,
Ms. Donelle, Ms. Donelle, Ms. Donelle, Ms. Donelle

Me: (Finally)
What is it (insert student's name here)?
The responses/questions include?
Dance student:
Hi
When is class over? (I JUST told them how much time approx. 2 minutes before)
What's your favorite color? (What has that got to do with dance???)
You're pretty! (This is sweet....but still annoying!!)
This one time at home...(I then butt-in and ask if it's REALLY important for dance class right now, or if it's a story they can tell me at the end of class...they usually say REALLY important but then they tell it and it has NOTHING to do with dance!)
I love dance!
So and So's not doing the dance right (ugh. I really don't like tattle tells)
You're funny!
My ankle hurts.
I'm tired.
My hand hurts.
Can we get a drink? (They just had one!!!)
My knee hurts.
Ok...you get the point now. I really do love my students. But they can just be a little overwhelming sometimes!!!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

That is exactly what motherhood is!!! The only difference... their yours and they never leave! And it's absolutely the best "job" in the world!!! Ü

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Miss Susie, Miss Susie, Miss Susie! Wow, do I understand! And I am loving fall break this week!

Doug and Amanda said...

I scared the crud out of one kid one day cause she was doing this and I was talking to someone else, and when she began tugging on my sleeve, I blew up and yelled "WHAT?!" She literally jumped and her eyes were sooo big. Oops.

Becca Gilbert said...

Oh how I love those girls.... I can't even begin to count how many times I had those conversations with them.... They'll either keep you young or turn you grey. Take your pick :)

Kimberly said...

Oh Sweetie! I can TOTALLY identify with ALL of that! It's all so true!