Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Travis thinks I can dance!



Yesterday was THE day...the day I auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance! I made it through the first couple of rounds and then got cut! Travis, the runner-up in Season 2 of the show, wanted me to go on and said that I was an amazing turner, but the British judge said no! He said (and imagine a royal egocentric British dude saying this), "I don't particularly like her look!" Forget about the fact that I was a great dancer, he only cared that I didn't weigh 90 pounds and didn't have platinum blond hair! It's alright though, I was still in the top 75 of about 1000 who auditioned! Overall, it was a good experience!

10 comments:

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Okay seriously let's go teepee that British dudes house!! THAT WILL SHOW HIM!!! okay maybe not. well you are beautiful. who cares about your cute short haircut and that it's not long. you are amazing. I'm so glad you had the courage to do that- you can check that off of your list in life! You are a GO GETTER Donelle!!!

Stacy said...

That's amazing that you got to try out Donelle! I personally think you should have made it. That's sad that the british dude was that much of a jerk, but it's good you didn't stoop to his level. Good job Donelle!

Jody said...

Wow! What an awesome experience! Ah, Travis... what a cutie. He knows what he's talking about, too. I mean, I've never actually seen you really dance full out or anything, but if your tap dancing skills are any indication, you've got to be talented!

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Great job! I wish I could have been there! I would punch Mr. British dude in the nose.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Travis said he liked you?!! That's like the hugest compliment ever for your dancing!! I'm so proud of you for going. :}

Anna said...

Congrats donelle! To me you are so brave for auditioning! That kind of stuff isn't easy. But you did it! And you are an inspiration!

Taryn and Sterling said...

That is so great you got that far. I am so proud to know, and be related to you. What a great experience.

Mac and Kelly said...

Yes, I know. It will be hard to get used to Shaq in a Phoenix jersey, but as I have thought about it more, I can understand why the Suns made the trade. Marion has been wanting to leave the Suns for a while now (for who know what reason--he's been kind of a baby), so he was going to be traded, inevitably. The Lakers just made 5 trades, so one of the reasons why they got Shaq was to keep up with them. The truth is, the Suns DO need help with their defense, in order to beat teams like the Spurs and the Lakers. So I think that Shaq will help the Suns with their defense, quite a bit. The thing is, I just don't like Shaq, so this is hard for me. But I am all for something that will help the Suns to beat the other teams, and ultimately win all. They have been so close in these past four years, and I think they just needed somehting to give them a push. I must say, though, I will never buy apparel of any kind, with the words "Phoenix Suns" and "Shaq" together.

Diane said...

I am just entering the blogging world, how fun to find out what you are doing. Congrats on your audition! You are an amazing dancer and so beautiful, but not everyone in the dance world appreciates the'wholesome look'
I ran into your mom yesterday and we were reminiscing about you, Trish, Jill, and Anna and how you fabulous four girls showed how beautiful dance can be. Keep dancing away, your dancing is a gift that has touched many lives!

Shaylee said...

k little missie...beautiful leap picture! I need to see you dance!