Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Wanna go to Utah?

About a month ago my friend Whitney was over and asked me, "Do you want to go to Utah with me? I'll pay for the gas if you could find us a place to stay." My response, "OF COURSE!" I seriously almost cried cause I was so excited about it. It has been 6 months since I moved from Utah and have missed it a lot.

We left Tuesday night at 9 and then drove through the night and got there at 6:45 Wednesday morning. It took us less than 10 hours...good timing.


Me & Whitney

I know I'm going to leave out some of the week's events...but here are some things that I did while visiting the Lovely Deseret...

Visited Britney, Connor, Chandlier, and Chase...
I taught Britney's kids dance and I kind of became a part of their family while living in Utah. Britney didn't tell her kids that I was coming. When I pulled up to their house and got out of the car I heard really high pitched screaming and then they came running out. It was so great to see them.

Britney & Chandlier


Chase & Connor


Becca took me out to a Korean restaurant for dinner one night...



Went to lunch with my BYU dance buddy and good friend Gio...


Made a SURPRISE visit to Charisma.
The girls were shocked. A lot of them screamed when they saw me. Some cried. Charity just stared and couldn't believe that I was there. It was fun to be back "home" for a bit. I wasn't able to take a picture with all of my students that I saw...but here are few...

Emma & Melissa


Rebekah, Natasha, Kara, & Chelsey


Nikki, Sam, & Erin


Paisley & Katie


Tresa (the owner of the studio) & her daughter Charity


Taylor & Allie

Taught them a little combination.

Don't judge it too harshly. I made up most of it in my head on my drive to Utah and I taught it to them in only about 40 minutes. I thought they did a pretty good job. This was probably the highlight of my trip...


Went to IHOP with some of my Charisma girls...

Becca, Me, Taylor, Brittany, Cassidy, & Sheridan

...and then walked around Wal Mart and took some pictures.




Went to the Draper Temple open house.

PS...I didn't have the opportunity to take my own picture of the temple...so I found this on google images. Here's the link to it: http://myctrring.com/category/photos/

Saw the movie TAKEN ...

...with Dan, Jeremy, Becca, Meghan, and McKay at Jordan Commons.
(Sorry...no picture.)

Took a trip to Park City ...
...with Colette, Becca, and Amanda. Spent some time at the outlet mall and then got some hot chocolate and took some pictures on Main Street.





Got a cupcake at SO CUPCAKE
Amanda surprised us by taking us there on our way home from Park City.




Finished the trip with a visit to the Shepherd's.
He's the greatest Bishop of all time. Seriously. He may or may not have been baking brownies for us as we walked in the door. And sister Shepherd may or may not have made us yummy chicken sandwiches. We visited for a while and then played a bunch of rounds of SHARP SHOOTER. We all got our trash kicked by Bishop.
Good times.
Wow! They sure do take care of us. Love them!


What a much needed trip that was.
I saw lots of people that I love and have missed dearly. I still wasn't even able to see everyone that I wanted to see....they will be on the top of my list next visit.

Now I'm back in Mesa...UGH!

PS...
Thanks Becca and Manders for letting Whitney and I crash on your couches...
you're da best!

7 comments:

Brittany said...

Donelle, I love your hair! It looks so pretty dark

Kimberly said...

I echo Brittany's comment! YOU LOOK HOT!!! :D

I am totally a dummie cause as I was reading this my first thought was, "Rude! Why didn't she come visit me?!" Right...not in Utah anymore! Hmmm...well...I guess you'll just have to come visit me out here in D.C.! Hee hee!!! :D

nate and amy crandell said...

wait you taught those kids that dance! SWEET! can you teach me? those moves were awesome!!

Taryn and Sterling said...

Looks like a good time, especially the cupcakes. I am glad you got back safe and sound.

Candice said...

what a fun trip! it makes me miss all my old college friends and the fun times we all had together. So Mette tells me you have tons of great music on a memory stick. Want to hook a cousin up? I'd love to get some new music! I;ll call you and we can chat bout it

Tanner ♥ Chaya said...

I seriously wish I could dance like that!! PS you are so pretty!!

Brittany Elaine Castleton said...

O donelle how I was so happy to see you!! I jus wish I had a voice lol.