..."It's my new word. Spread it around like wildfire!"...
If you don't know already, that quote comes from one of my all-time favorite movies, Never Been Kissed. (Hey...don't judge! It really is such a hilarious movie!)
So last night I felt like a mother sending her children to Prom. Our parents went up to our cabin for the weekend, so I was in charge of getting Mason and Tannis off to Prom. Not an easy task. Morning of, Mason didn't want to try-on the suit that he was borrowing from our brother, Preston. After some "strong" words of encouragement he finally tried it on. Then I had to go and get Mason's corsage for his date and Tannis' boutonniere (totally had to look up how to spell that) for her date. Then I spent a good 1 1/2 hours doing Tannis' hair...wish I took pictures of the process. The pictures below don't do her hair justice. It really looked AWESOME. I must admit that I was proud of my work. I also did Mason's hair. Which, again, was not an easy task since he didn't get his hair cut beforehand. Then right as Tannis' date got here, Tannis and I realized that some alterations needed to be made to her dress. So I hurried and grabbed the sewing kit and tacked her little shrug to her dress. Then all there was left to do was take pictures...WHEW! What a great looking group of kids!! Can't believe they're old enough to go to Prom!!!
PS...Did I tell you that Tannis got her dress at Goodwill for $1?
So last night I felt like a mother sending her children to Prom. Our parents went up to our cabin for the weekend, so I was in charge of getting Mason and Tannis off to Prom. Not an easy task. Morning of, Mason didn't want to try-on the suit that he was borrowing from our brother, Preston. After some "strong" words of encouragement he finally tried it on. Then I had to go and get Mason's corsage for his date and Tannis' boutonniere (totally had to look up how to spell that) for her date. Then I spent a good 1 1/2 hours doing Tannis' hair...wish I took pictures of the process. The pictures below don't do her hair justice. It really looked AWESOME. I must admit that I was proud of my work. I also did Mason's hair. Which, again, was not an easy task since he didn't get his hair cut beforehand. Then right as Tannis' date got here, Tannis and I realized that some alterations needed to be made to her dress. So I hurried and grabbed the sewing kit and tacked her little shrug to her dress. Then all there was left to do was take pictures...WHEW! What a great looking group of kids!! Can't believe they're old enough to go to Prom!!!
PS...Did I tell you that Tannis got her dress at Goodwill for $1?

4 comments:
You forgot to add that you had to track some money down for Mason to pay for his date! HA, HA! They look great.
I can't believe that dress was 1 dollar it's gorgeous! you have some cute little siblings!
She did NOT get that dress for $1. That's amazing. And her hair looks awesome.
Way to go Momma Donellie!
They both look awesome!
Seriously...$1. That is AMAZING! and it looks great on her! :)
looks like you did a great job in getting them off!
Post a Comment