Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

I'm a Utahn again...

So I moved to Utah a grand total of 19 days ago. Sorry that it has taken me so long to blog about (my bad) ...but I am FINALLY blogging about it. There are two reasons why it has taken me so long.
1. My internet is slower than molasses.
&
2. I've been a little busy!

I moved back to Utah mainly for work. A few weeks before I moved here I had ZERO intention on moving back. But my old boss called me and BEGGED me to come back. She offered me a bunch of hours and a nice raise. Plus it was a job teaching dance...which I LOVE! How could I refuse that? Well...I couldn't. And with a little motivation from my friend Becca, I agreed to come back to the land of Utah.

Here's a little bit of what I've been doing...

...Teaching a bunch of dance...
Right now I'm teaching an average of 6-7 hours of dance a day. Talk about exhausting!

............
I'm one of the instructors for the Stadium of Fire dancers. I'm really excited for it this year because my parents got tickets for it and Tannis, my little sis, is going to be one of the dancers! I'm not even going to touch on the fact that the Jo Bros (Jonas Brothers) are performing. Please...don't be jealous.

...Nickelcade...
Becca, Tiffany, and I sure do love acting like little kids.
The Nickelcade is now my new favorite place of entertainment.





...Chillin in Lake Powell...
OK...so I actually went to Lake Powell on my way up to Utah and stayed with Becca and some of her fam on their houseboat. Yeah...it was amazing.

...Swimming at Mander's...
We've had a few pool parties there. Good times.

...Watching the Bachelorette...

This might be the best part of my week. Every Monday night I get together with about 5 of my closest girlfriends to watch it. We get way into it. It's seriously like a bunch of guys watching the Super Bowl. It's hysterical. We heart Jillian and have definitely picked out our favorite guys...Ed, Jake, Kiptyn, Jesse, and a few more guys keep gaining more points. We despise Wes and literally screamed for joy when Dave and Juan BOTH got the boot last week. Oh hallelujah! But were all very sad when Ed decided to leave this week....

...Watching So You Think You Can Dance with some of the old gang...
(Matt and E-Rob...it's not the same without you.)

I can't decide which dancer(s) I like the best yet. I guess Caitlin, Kayla, Melissa, and Evan are my favorites right now, but that can change. There really aren't any that I'm really excited about going home.

...Tumbling...
I took my boss' kids to the tumbling gym. Charity is a little child prodigy. She is AMAZING at EVERYTHING that she does. She can do much more difficult stuff than this...but this is what I got on film...


I decided to take a crack at it...

Don't judge my form. Remember that I'm 24 and haven't been in gymnastics since I was about 12 or 13.

They also have these awesome Sumo suits. I think Charity and I were both crying cause we were laughing so hard.

..........................................................................................................................
OK...while being back here in Utah is just splendid, I must admit that I'm really missing a few things in Mesa...
1. These little kids


Seriously...these kids have already grown so much since I've left.
Oh how I miss playing with them.

2. And these kids, too.

Mason won the Ping Pong tournament.
Yes...that's a ballroom trophy. Awesome.


Tannis with a tiny zucchini my dad grew in our garden.

3. Oh...and my PADRES!
I miss you too, Mom and Dad!
I miss going to lunch with you Mom! I'll go to Oregano's with you when I come home!

I'm already trying to plan a trip down to Mesa towards the end of July since I do have a ticket to see WICKED with them at Gammage. Plus I'll get to see these cute kids who will be there at the same time. I sure do miss them a whole lot. Maybe I'll take a road trip to see them in Spokane...

3 comments:

ashlee said...

i love that our favorite boys...ed, kypton, and jessie got shout outs in your blog!! YEAH!!

nate and amy crandell said...

wow you have been busy and with lots of fun stuff!! haha I love the sumo suits how fun :)

Taryn and Sterling said...

we miss you too! hope you are having a great time.