Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

back in the snow for the start of a new semester

Classes at BYU started up again yesterday. I'm only taking 5 classes but they are pretty time-intensive classes! It's been difficult getting back in the swing of things, especially after spending 2 1/2 weeks just hanging out with family and friends in Mesa. The hardest part is coming back to the snow. I HATE the snow. I must say that it is pretty to look at when I'm inside and not walking or driving in it. But I've already hydro-planed twice while driving, had to help push my roommates car that got stuck in it, and have slipped (not fallen however) multiple times on ice while walking up to campus. Bring back the gorgeous 70 degree weather! The most difficult part about this transition back into the snow is knowing that it is going to be here well into April. My birthday is in April and it has snowed on my birthday the past 2 years. CRAZY! BUT...the great thing about being back is being able to go back to work. I LOVE my job! I teach dance and yesterday when I got to work a bunch of my students were there early waiting at the door for me. They're awesome! I must say that my job is what keeps me sane and pretty low-stressed while also going to school. Anyways, good luck to all others who are still in school and who live in the snow! This semester is going to ROCK!!

7 comments:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

It's going to be 68 degrees today. Wanna do your student teaching HERE? We miss you!!!!

Brett Martin said...

okay i'm so excited for your great semester ahead of you!!!! your new years party looked like a blast! how funny we both did the crepe thing!! SOOO YUMMY. alright- when i have 20 pounds off i PROMISE you i'll do a roundoff backhandspring 100% FOR SURE!!!!! until then...i don't want to kill myself! hahaha

Brett Martin said...

oops-that message was from me, brooke.

Tannis said...

I miss you already didder!!!

Unknown said...

It was so fun having you here. I especially enjoyed all the Settler's. We haven't done that in a while. I hope I didn't bore you too badly with all the shopping for maternity clothes and baby stuff. We will miss having you around. You definitly need to come down when the babies are born so they can meet their aunt. Hope school is going okay. Sorry we weren't able to connect with you on our way through Provo.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you on New years eve. You look great, hope this semester goes well for you! Keep in touch girl

Tannis said...

New post please!! HURRY!!! =]