Pages
Sunday, November 2, 2008
No Ballot=No Vote
A little over a month ago my sweet mother sent Meg and I some postcards to send into the Arizona elections office to get our ABSENTEE BALLOTS for this election. We filled them out, signed them, and then sent them on their merry way back to AZ. Since then I have been in a worried frenzy about getting my ballot. IT HASN'T COME! On Monday a woman from the elections office called me to ask if I was a permanent resident of Virginia, or if I was just here as a student. I told her I was here as a student, so I would be allowed to be sent an absentee ballot. This was LAST MONDAY. I asked her when they were going to send it because time was limited until it had to be sent back in. She said that it would be mailed "soon." Well here it is, Sunday November 2, 2008, just 2 DAYS before the ELECTION and I have NO BALLOT. I am angered.
At some point I considered registering in Virginia. Virginia is a swing state and I felt that my vote, at least for the presidential race, would matter more. However, since Arizona is voting on PROP 102, I decided to stay registered in AZ.
So here I am. In Virginia. BALLOTLESS. And virtually voiceless. Wishing I was in Mesa so I could just VOTE in person. For 2+ years this race has been going on. I have watched countless hours of interviews, news coverage, and stories about the presidential race on CNN, FOX News and MSNBC. I watched most of the PRIMARY Debates and ALL of the recent VP/ Presidential Debates. I have spent HOURS speaking with family, friends, roommates, colleagues, and professors about the issues. I have searched the INTERNET and have read a countless number of articles. I have been in a constant battle over who would make the BEST President of the United States. I am INFORMED and now I no longer have the chance to VOTE.
I won't be able to wear one of these stickers.
Stupid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
You should not take no for an answer. Put up a big stink, because they cannot deny you your rights if you did all you were supposed to.
YAY! I'm glad you do the bitting thing too, I seriously thought know one in the world did that except for me, I feel relieved:) Your blog is super cute too!
Fight to the death. Never give up. Never surrender.
i don't get to vote either. but i didn't realize that i needed a mail in ballot until it was to late. :( we were really upset about it. i hate moving!
Go to the mattresses!
I am so sorry you don't get to vote!
what bummer about not getting to vote! but i'am jealous of you...because you get to see "U.S." history right outside your window! I want to visit DC soooo bad!
Post a Comment