Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

To Mourn Or Not To Mourn? That Is The Question...

September 22, 2009

Today is the first day of Autumn.
To others this is the first day of Fall.

In the past this has been a day of mourning.
Mourning the end of Summer.
The end of hot days spent at the pool. The end of popsicles.

I used to cry at the sight of orange & red trees up on the mountains. To me it was not only a sign that Summer was over, but also that Winter was creeping around the corner.

BUT...

I have recently taken an oath to consider it a time of celebration.
I've decided to enjoy this time of year and LOVE it just like everyone else around here.

But I must say that I am excited for...

Autumn Leaves


Pumpkins


Pumpkin Spice Candles


Autumn Clothes

Cardigans


Awesome jackets


Scarves


Hoodies

But I'm also really excited for...

Holidays
One thing that I absolutely LOVE about this time of year is the introduction of the Holiday Season! All I know is that once it's Halloween then it's almost Thanksgiving, which then means it's almost Christmas! Holla!
(Which incidentally equals the BEST Charlie Brown movies are on TV...)






So...
I'm going to do it.
I'm going to embrace Autumn and it's beauty!
And then pray that Winter decides to not come this year...

Happy Fall!!!

3 comments:

nate and amy crandell said...

cute post! I'm excited for fall too and haha I love Charlie Brown :)

MegRich said...

I love Fall/Autumn! It's one of the things I miss most about Utah. What are the holidays without Charlie Brown? Glad you feel the same. :)

Doug and Amanda said...

I feel the same way you do! You have motivated me to embrace this sad, sad time of year.