Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Cousin Kim

In August while my parents were in Provo for my graduation, my mom ran into her cousin, Marvin Gardner, at Commencement. We got to talking to him and after I told him I was going to DC to do my student teaching he mentioned that his niece was also going to DC to do her student teaching, but that she was teaching El Ed, while I was teaching High School. I told him it didn't matter because all student teachers in DC live together. So I asked him what her name was and he told me her name was Kim Gardner. That was fun to hear because I knew at that moment that she was going to be living with me. It turns out that her dad is my mom's first cousin. So that makes her my second cousin, right? Anyway, we had meetings beforehand and we had kinda met, but we had no idea that we were related because she grew up in Utah and I grew up in Arizona, so we had never seen each other. It has been super fun getting to know my long lost cousin.



These pictures were taken at an outdoor symphony concert that was held at our Nation's Capitol. Kim and I, along with a bunch of members of my ward, all went together. There were hundreds of people sitting in the grass there to listen to the symphony. What a great experience that was to have on the first Sunday that I was in DC!

6 comments:

Tannis said...

That's so fun! Tell her she has an even cooler cousin named Tannis. Hahaha jk! =]

Love the pictures! Man I want to go there so bad.

Tannis said...

Can we come visit? I want to meet my cousin too! What is H&M? Or am I an idiot? Don't answer that!

Tannis said...

Ok, this is your Mother. I made that last comment, and this one too. Tannis must have not signed out or something, before I sat down at this computer to complete my important work for the day!!!!!

Taryn and Sterling said...

Looks like you are having a great time. Your apartment looks amazing. We miss you.

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

No really though, I hate my life a little more everytime I read your blog. That concert sounds amazing.

ps-I love the new background!

Chase & Tricia said...

Wow! This looks amazing. You should have come to Houston for your student teaching!!! But then again, that means you would have been here during Hurricane Ike and you wouldn't be living in one of the coolest cities in the nation...looks so cool.