Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Constitution Day!

Today is the 221st anniversary of the US Constitution. I am so grateful for the Founding Fathers and for all the men brave enough to sign it! This past Saturday we (me along with my roommates that are also student teaching and our adviser and her husband) had the opportunity to visit Philadelphia and see where the Constitution was actually created and signed. I LOVE AMERICAN HISTORY!


Black flip flop club! At the beginning of the trip we realized five of us were wearing black flip flops. Surprise, Surprise!


Liberty Bell! Let Freedom Ring!!!


Independence Hall! This makes me want to watch the movie National Treasure!



These 2 rooms above are the rooms where the Constitution was actually created and then signed. It was amazing to see where our Founding Fathers sat. I especially liked the chair that George Washington sat in. It's the one just above and it has carved into it a gold rising sun, which is a symbol of a rising nation. I thought that was really cool.


Kim, Me, and Tamara taking a break in front of Independence Hall


This is Christ's Church where many of the Founding Fathers attended church. Me, Tali, Tamara, and Kim are sitting in George Washington's pew.


Kim and I thought this dude looked pretty cool. He was funny! Hence why we are laughing in this picture.


Me, Independence Hall, and the city. I wonder what Philly looked like back in the day when George Washington was here?!?!?!


We had the opportunity to go to the National Constitutional Center in Philadelphia. This was one of my favorite places to visit. It was a museum devoted to educating people about the Constitution, but they did it in such a fun way. Most everything was interactive and they made the Constitution come alive. They even had the Signer's Hall. It was a room full of statues of the men that signed the Constitution. Here I'm am posing with Benjamin Franklin, and below I am with George Washington. Look how much taller he is than me! It was kind of weird though because as you walked around you felt like there were people ALL around, but they were just statues. Once I even thought I ran into a person and began to turn around to apologize and I realized that it was just a statue. They even had a copy of the Constitution to sign. I was proud to sign it! God Bless America!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

That's awesome!! How lucky you are to get to go visit those places! Someday I hope to go too! History is way too much fun to learn about! If only more people would learn and understand the Constitution!

Tannis said...

Dude tight pics!!

Becca Gilbert said...

I love it! I love all of your DC posts- it is like a preview for me! I am so excited!!