Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Do I Really Live Here?

On Wednesday August 27, 2008 I moved to Washington DC with the purpose of completing my Student Teaching for my Social Science Teaching degree. Some may ask, "Why Washington DC?" Well, let me tell you exactly why. The BYU school of education is weird. You can perform your student teaching in Utah, Mexico, Houston, or DC. Nowhere else. Yeah...weird. So because they make it extremely affordable to live in DC, I jumped on that wagon. And I'm so glad I did. I'm living with super fun girls. I get to ride the Metro to work everyday (Okay...that's actually not that great!) I teach some of the funnest kids World History and Geography. There is an H&M right down the street from my school. My ward is super fun. My apartment is HUGE (see previous post), plus it has an amazing gym and swimming pool. I live just a few minutes from the White House and other awesome government buildings and monuments. Plus, New York is just a train/bus ride away! I love it! It's still hard for me to believe that I actually live here!


Tamara, Me, Meg, and Kim riding the Metro to see some of the sites


View of the Washington monument from the World War II monument. This place was fun because you could sit along the water and put your feet into it. It was really nice!


World War II monument


WWII monument. This is a wall with a whole lot of gold stars on it. I assume there is a star for every American soldier that served and/or died in WWII.


There is one of these for every state at the WWII monument


WWII monument, again. I liked this a lot.


View from the Lincoln Memorial


Abe and I


White House. Who's going to live there next?


Supreme Court


Library of Congress. I LOVE this place!



Inside the Library of Congress...BEAUTIFUL!

No comments: