Pages
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
No Internet=No Blogging
Alright...I'm in DC! I have been for almost a week and I haven't blogged about it yet. I know....lame. But what is even lamer (I know that's not a word, but I gotta use it) is that I haven't had the internet. My apartment building has an "Internet Cafe" but the computers are ultra slow and it doesn't have wireless. Again...lame. Last week I was on the phone for over an hour talking to the Comcast people to get the internet set up, only to end in absolute failure. Don't understand why it was taking so long in the first place, but then while the dude was helping me his computer shut down. Failure. Today I spoke with them again, this time only for about 20 minutes. They first said they couldn't come by until Sunday Sept. 14th. I told them I would look elsewhere for business. He quickly said he would look for a sooner date. He found one and hopefully this thursday evening we will be up and running with internet and all! Yes! I'll actually be able to communicate with the outside world and I will actually be able to make a proper post about my happenings in Washington DC.
Labels:
blogging,
Comcast,
DC,
internet cafe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
too bad, I hope you get the internet soon.
We miss you!
Oh Donelley! We sure do miss you! I am going to get her crusing around and will blog it! She averages about 5-6 steps each time she tries. Today she took 11! Holy Cow! She will be walking by her 1st BDay for sure!!! Hope you are enjoying the change of scenery! Good luck with teaching!
Oh Donellie! I understand your internet woes! My new place also does not have internet, the computers at school are SO slow, and I have to drag my laptop everywhere in hopes of finding wireless!
Good luck and can't wait to hear about all your new adventures!
Can't wait to hear about your new adventure. Hey do you want to fly here and then fly home with me and the boys at Christmas? Think about it and we'll chat.
I miss you!
Post a Comment