Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Where do you study?


I officially have a library card (actually it's called a Reader Identification Card) for the Library of Congress. Literally, the first time I walked into the main reading room it took my breath away. I don't mean to get all scriptural, but Doctrine and Covenants 88:118 states, "...seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith." Well, the Library of Congress is the largest library IN THE WORLD; yet, they still have to make a conscience decision as to whether or not a book is worthy to become a part of its collection. So, you see, they've already found the BEST books! I would be a fool to live so near to it and to never take advantage of its glory! I LOVE living in (or at least very near) DC!!!


This is the main reading room that took my breath away when I walked inside it! It is BEAUTIFUL!






10 comments:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Heaven on Earth! A book lovers Paradise!

Kimberly said...

thanks to me you got a re-picture. thanks for taking time to go get my card with me ! ;) love ya kid!

Stacy said...

Those are awesome pictures! I would definetely be loving that! You probably already knew this but at the end of Thomas Jeffersons life the govt. bought all of his books and they made up the necleus of the Library of Congress! That is so amazing! Enjoy it for me!

Becca Gilbert said...

Wow- that is seriously incredible!!! We must go there when I come out... seriously! That is so beautiful!

Taryn and Sterling said...

How beautiful, you are so lucky. Cool story about the senate. I am so jealous of all the neat things you are getting to experience. I gave Emery that jean dress for her birthday by the way, and I felt the same way about it.

Amanda Ann Hansen said...

That is so cool! Maybe we'll have to stop by when I'm in town...

Adam said...

Stay out of the periodicals there :) I must say Donelle. I love the Library of Congress too and I go there to work sometimes cause it's so quiet and beautiful. I wander all over the place... Love your blog!

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amelia Smith said...

Donelle, you are too cute! I am so jealous that you get to live in DC was an incredible experience.

Candice said...

Can I just tell you right now how jealous I am of you! I am getting my maters degree in Library Science, so of course I know tons about the the Library of Congress. How cool to actually go there! You are living my dream right now. I always wanted to go live in D.C. before I got married, but I went to Russia instead. Live it up there cousin! Do everything you can and see everything you can! I love reading about your fun experiences there, keep putting the pictures and stories on the blog!