Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas at the Cabin

Disclaimer: I don't journal. I blog. So this blogging thing is mostly for me...but I LOVE sharing it with my friends and family. I simply blog about my life. It may be boring for some/most of you. Too bad.

From Christmas day until the following Sunday (December 28th) my ENTIRE family was together up at the cabin. Here's what we did....
(Expect a zillion pictures and videos of the babies. Most everything that we did revolved around them!)

Drove up to the cabin in the rain and fog.

Thank heavens for Sirius radio that works even in the mountains.

Played lots of Rock Band and Halo.

Taryn even got in on the action.

Did some reading.

Ian loves looking at books. This is one of my favorite videos.

Played Ping Pong.




Did lots of puzzles.



The M&M and DC puzzles were my favorite. The DREAM TEAM (basketball) puzzle was huge and came apart when we tried to move it. We began the aerobics teddy bear puzzle the day that we left and we didn't get much of it done. We did at least one puzzle a day that we were up there. We LOVE them.

Played the piano and led the music.



Bathed.



Another favorite.

Did somersaults.

This is actually Elliot's "stink bug" position. He's still trying to figure out how to crawl and it's very common to see him in this position.

Napped.

Daddy with Ian and Tootsie.

Ate lots of good food.


Played with and chewed on lots of toys.

Landon with his keys that he got for Christmas.

Grandma and Grandpa Crandell came to visit for just a little bit.


Every baby gets a picture of Grandpa holding them like that. I have a picture of him holding me just like that when I was about the same age as Landon and Elliot.

Did a little smooching.

This is THE BEST. I love how Ian pulls Emery in for the big smooch. They are going to die when they watch this when they are older.

Took some pictures of the little tykes sitting in their chairs.


Emery didn't enjoy it very much.

Spent about an hour getting ready to go play in the snow.


Tannis is my favorite!


Played in the snow for about 5 minutes before it began snowing and the babies started crying.



Played some games.

We played Ticket to Ride. Golf (card game). Bohnanza. Sevens. And two new games Quelf and Evolution.

Took pictures with Xavier.

Elliot actually wasn't that afraid of it.

Watched movies with the projector. (no pics of this)

Made animal sounds.


Drove home.

Emery came with us. Check out all the snow outside!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OH I love it- the puzzles, and the seriously cute videos of the kids.. yep- watched it all! What a fun family- I am glad you had so much fun! Let me know when you ready to chill- or we might need to go over and throw down some settlers with mac...

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you didn't include a picture of you bathing...but I would have liked to see one of you smooching! I'm not exactly sure who...considering you were with your family the whole time. So I guess scratch the wanting to see one of you smooching...hmmm...

Brittany said...

so funny! we've been playing trains (what we call ticket to ride) all break because we've been snowed in. do you play europe too, or just north america?

nate and amy crandell said...

wow that M&M puzzle is awesome! Glad you had a good Christmas with snow and everything!

Brittany Elaine Castleton said...

Fun, looks like you had a way fun new years!!!!
your family likes to party, mine doesn't lol.

Candice said...

What a great blog post, you have such a fun family, it's so great that you all get along so well and have so much fun together! Loved all the pictures. Is that Jesse's elk head?