Today we had Parent-Teacher Conferences at my school. Here are a few of the conversations that occurred throughout the day...
Conference #1
Parent: (towards her daughter) What did I say about these hearts over your i's? You put a dot...NOT a heart. Do you hear me?
Student: Yes, ma'am!
Parent: Ms. Crandell, could you please let me know when she turns in anything with hearts on it?
Me: Yes! Of course Mrs._____________!
Conference #2
Parent: Ok. So what is my child doing wrong? She's got a C and that is just unacceptable! I know it's not you...you look like a great teacher, Ms. Crandell.
Me: Thank you. My concern is that you're daughter hasn't been turning in her homework, even with the extensions that I have given her.
Parent: Oh really? OH REALLY?!?! Ok (insert student's name here), you hear that? You better start doing your homework, girl. And ON TIME! You hear me? You better turn your little life around!
Student: Yes, Momma!
Conference #3
Parent: Boy! You better fix this and stop being who you IS and change!
Conference #4
Parent: OOOOHHHHH! So you're Ms. Crandell. My son LOVES your class. Everyday he comes home and says, "Mom, today Ms. Crandell taught me this. And she said this today." You've really got my son interested in History. He typically doesn't like school. But, for some reason, he really likes your class.
Conference #5
Parent: What's your email? Cause I'm going to have her email everything she is missing by tomorrow. MMM HMMMM! She has "dropped the ball" and she is going to pick it right back up. That's right!
Conference #6
Me: Your son does well in class. He participates quite a lot and is a real joy to have in class. He just needs to work on his study habits. He has lots of potential.
Parent: I'm sorry! But I'm sick of hearing about all the potential that he has because he is NOT showing it. This D is NOT showing his potential! If he EVER wants to become a lawyer he better start using that potential that he has. I told him that when he graduates from high school I will buy him ANY car that he wants. Even a $100,000 car! But I will NOT pay a dime for his college education. That is up to him whether or not he wants to work to get a scholarship!
______________________________________________________________________________________
WOW! What a great day! Long story short...the parents at my school (at least the ones that came to conferences) are pretty great!
Conference #1
Parent: (towards her daughter) What did I say about these hearts over your i's? You put a dot...NOT a heart. Do you hear me?
Student: Yes, ma'am!
Parent: Ms. Crandell, could you please let me know when she turns in anything with hearts on it?
Me: Yes! Of course Mrs._____________!
Conference #2
Parent: Ok. So what is my child doing wrong? She's got a C and that is just unacceptable! I know it's not you...you look like a great teacher, Ms. Crandell.
Me: Thank you. My concern is that you're daughter hasn't been turning in her homework, even with the extensions that I have given her.
Parent: Oh really? OH REALLY?!?! Ok (insert student's name here), you hear that? You better start doing your homework, girl. And ON TIME! You hear me? You better turn your little life around!
Student: Yes, Momma!
Conference #3
Parent: Boy! You better fix this and stop being who you IS and change!
Conference #4
Parent: OOOOHHHHH! So you're Ms. Crandell. My son LOVES your class. Everyday he comes home and says, "Mom, today Ms. Crandell taught me this. And she said this today." You've really got my son interested in History. He typically doesn't like school. But, for some reason, he really likes your class.
Conference #5
Parent: What's your email? Cause I'm going to have her email everything she is missing by tomorrow. MMM HMMMM! She has "dropped the ball" and she is going to pick it right back up. That's right!
Conference #6
Me: Your son does well in class. He participates quite a lot and is a real joy to have in class. He just needs to work on his study habits. He has lots of potential.
Parent: I'm sorry! But I'm sick of hearing about all the potential that he has because he is NOT showing it. This D is NOT showing his potential! If he EVER wants to become a lawyer he better start using that potential that he has. I told him that when he graduates from high school I will buy him ANY car that he wants. Even a $100,000 car! But I will NOT pay a dime for his college education. That is up to him whether or not he wants to work to get a scholarship!
______________________________________________________________________________________
WOW! What a great day! Long story short...the parents at my school (at least the ones that came to conferences) are pretty great!

11 comments:
hahaha that was hilarious!!! I loved all of it! You would be so fun to have as a teacher!
Conference #4 must have just made your day! Keep it up! Sounds like you are doing great.
Haha nice!! LOL.
You should come teach me history.
Haha I actually like it with my teacher now... whom you should meet... :)
haha I had him look u up.
He's a cool Guy.
He LOVES histroy!!
So funny! I love it! I love all of the ebonics! So funny! PS the verification word I just had to type in is fobstera. now what the crap is a fobstera?
Oh how I love it. They were all so funny...except for the last one. That one just made me mad! Priorities people. On the one hand I agree that you should teach your children that college is important and that you should want it enough to pay for it yourself, but handing them a $100,000 car?! How does that help anything?
You're right...I'm just jealous.
I can't believe you are almost done. Congrats on a great semester. I am so impressed with these parents.
hahaa hah
I LOVE this. Esp the dotted i's with hearts. awesome!
WOW. I can relate to those convos though. Some of the things my kids' parents say... but at least they are better than those parents who are completely absent and uninvolved!
This has to be my favorite blog post of all time! Especially because it is TRUE!!!!
Love the post! We are super excited to see you on Sunday! I am not super ecited abou the weather here though. It has been in the high 30's for a few weeks (not that bad), but the two days you will be here I think the high is about 10 degrees. Yikes!
Oh shizzle, that is so funny! I can relate... that car one is the craziest though. Love it!
Post a Comment